1. Bookings are for full weeks, running from Saturday to Saturday (The Haven) or from Friday to Friday (Taigh na Fraoch)
2. Short breaks are sometimes available (minimum three nights) at off-peak times of the year.
3. The Haven cottage will be normally be available from 4pm on the day you arrive and 4.30pm for Taigh na Fraoch. We would ask you to depart by 10.00am on the day you leave, to allow time for cleaning - unless other arrangements have been agreed in advance. All members of your party must vacate the property by then. The entry and exit times may be adjusted, however, subject to other bookings, so please contact us if you have special requirements.
4. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email, to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
5. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the rental is required at the time of booking. The balance of 70% is due six weeks before the arrival date. Bookings made less than 6 weeks before the start date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
6. If you have to cancel for any reason, you must notify us in writing/by email. We will then make an attempt to re-let the property. However, if this is unsuccessful, you must still pay us the full amount outstanding for your holiday. We therefore strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance .
7. Payment may be made by sterling cheque, debit/credit card through Paypal, or bank transfer.
8. Please note that you are not allowed to smoke in any of the cottages.
9. Pets are not accepted in The Haven
10. A maximum of two well-behaved dogs may be accepted in Taigh na Fraoch, by prior arrangement. An additional charge of £15 will be levied per dog, to cover the additional cleaning costs.
11. This hire agreement is made between Somewhere Special Ltd (“us/we”) and the person signing the booking form and/or paying the deposit (“you”), for the hire of the cottage shown on the booking form “the property”).
12. The maximum occupancy for each property is clearly stated and this must not be exceeded. We reserve the right to terminate occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
13. The property shall be used solely for the purposes of a holiday and you shall not sub-let the property or any part of it or any of its equipment. Use of the property is at the hirer's own risk and no liability shall fall on us for any injury to, or loss of personal belongings of, the occupants.
14. You will maintain the property and its contents in the clean and tidy condition you accept it at the start of your holiday. Any breakages are payable in full.
15. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to provide the property you have booked, then we will refund all the monies you have paid in full.
16. By paying the deposit (or full amount), you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and you must ensure that all members of your party understand and comply with them.